Good as Gold K9 Dog Training can help any dog
puppies, “teenagers”, mature dogs, rescue dogs, Rally-O dogs and conformation competitors – become a companion you’re proud to have around
A nationally-certified professional dog trainer with almost 20 years of experience, Sheila Lobel knows there are different ways to reach different dogs. She understands how to get a dog’s attention from the first moment—and to keep it so he learns what he should.
Every training session is customized to each dog’s personality and the owner’s needs and lifestyle. You’ll learn how to communicate with your dog, and will get insight into reading his body language. We speak English, but they only “speak” dog. Good As Gold K9 translates for you by teaching your dog how to understand and comply with you. We’ll explain what they’re doing and why. We’ll show you how to teach your dog to make better choices, and how to get consistency. Desired behaviors get reinforced, and unacceptable behaviors get phased away.
- Using up-to-date and proven methods of positive training, the dog becomes eager to learn, and your reward is having a wonderful companion for many years ahead.
- The old methods of training, (using shock collars, prong collars, choke chains), got some results, but they were inhumane and frequently caused the dog to be fearful).
- Sometimes “correction methods” completely backfired and made the problems worse.
- Reinforcement with rewards can mean using praise, petting, treats, a game, and more, creating a dog that’s eager to learn and not battling change.
Great Results! A well-behaved dog is a super companion for many years to come!
Education & Expertise
Professional dog trainer Sheila Lobel personally sees to all training. She is a dog behavior expert invested in keeping up with best practices in the field:
- Nationally Certified – Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT)
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT)
- Pet Professional Guild (PPG)
- Alliance for Progressive Pet Trainers (APPT)
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- American Kennel Club Authorized Canine
- Good Citizen evaluator
- Spinone Club of America (SCOA)
- Spinone Rescue of America (Vice-President)
- North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association (NAVHDA)